Tunnels and Underground Works
Experience of working in underground projects
GEOCONSULT has extensive experience in the field of underground infrastructure.
The projects carried out by Geoconsult offer alternatives that are adapted to today’s new needs. Tunnels are an optimal solution when it comes to facilitating transport, improving mobility and the connection of geographical areas which, due to their characteristics (complicated orography, terrain conditions…), require underground infrastructures.
Underground works are also of vital importance in hydraulic projects. The hydraulic power stations include galleries and caverns for water conduction, as well as for the installation of turbines and transformers.
Within management, project planning allows us to evaluate and quantify the time and resources that will be needed to carry it out.
- Preliminary geotechnical studies
- Detailed design:
- E.P.B. Tunelling
- Cut & Cover
- Building information modelling
- Specialized reports
- Cost and risk studies
- Design of auxiliary facilities
- Optimization processes – Value Engineering
- Construction cycle study and work planning
- Numerical modeling 2D & 3D (FLAC 3D, PLAXIS)
- Structural design
These processes contemplate, direct and manage how to carry out the work until the project achieves full customer satisfaction.
- Construction management
- Qualitative & quantitative control
- Geotechnical & geomentric control
- Specific reports
We offer our experience as an added value when it comes to raising and facing the challenges and initiatives of our clients.
- Value engineering
- Geotechnical advise
- Risk analysis and maganement
- Tunnel-Building affection studies
- Expert reports